- -- Select an Option --
- at a glance.
- with an expert.
Let’s make you a certified teacher.
Teacher Certification, Simplified
Getting certified to become a teacher might seem daunting, but we’ve got you covered. Just start with the basics.
Do I have to get certified to teach?
Short answer: Yes. Long answer: There are many different types of certifications, depending on where and what you want to teach. When you get certified, you become eligible to teach certain subjects and grades in your state.
How do I get certified?
There are several paths to getting certified, and step one is finding the right one, whether it’s entering a certification program as an undergrad via a master’s, or anywhere in between.
What should I know before getting started?
Since certification requirements differ by subject, specialty and grade level, deciding on where and what you want to teach can go a long way.
If this is starting to feel a bit overwhelming, check out About Certification for five simple steps on geting certified to teach in Texas.
All Your Certifications in One Place
Ready to discover the certifications you’ll need to teach in Texas? Here’s an interactive catalog to help narrow your search.
- Select the grade(s) and/or subject(s) you're interested in teaching, and the chart will update to show you what certifications you need.
- Hover to explore additional notes and details.
Expert Advice for an Expert Applicant
Not sure where to start? We’ll help find the path that’s right for you.
- Looking for a teacher mentor? Check out our tips on how to finding a mentor in person or online.
- Free tools and resources. Get an all-access pass to every TEACH product and service once you sign up.
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.