If you’re familiar with the TeachDFW site, you may notice a few changes. We’ll walk you through the resources that remain available below. Bottom line? We’re still here to help you reach your goal of becoming a teacher.
Now, more than ever, we need passionate, capable, and diverse teachers for our children, and we’re committed to supporting you! Here’s what to expect.
How can TeachDFW help me become a teacher?
We offer plenty of info and resources for future teachers:
- Guides with information about prep program eligibility, certification, financial aid and testing
- A searchable teacher prep program database
- A financial aid explorer
- Articles and inspiring stories from teachers
- Application checklists
- Information about what it’s like to teach in DFW, including school district profiles, salary information and sample career paths
- Email outreach to new and current subscribers about national events, including webinars and recruitment events
How can I finance my teacher education?
Check out our Financial Aid Explorer to learn more about grants and scholarship opportunities for future teachers.
What if I have more questions about becoming a teacher?
We encourage you to reach out to a teacher in your community to get your questions answered (check out these tips for how to find a mentor). We also encourage you to reach out to the staff at any educator preparation programs you may be interested in. Contact information will be listed on each profile page, which will connect you with someone who can answer your questions about certification and program requirements.
How has the site changed?
If you’ve been here before, you may notice some differences. For the time being, the following services aren’t available (but we’re working to bring them back!):
- $100 fee reimbursements for application-related expenses
- $1,000 TeachDFW scholarships
- Coaching calls
- Local events page
Have more questions? Contact us for more info!