Get Certified in Dallas-Fort Worth
You can search for and find over 30 educator preparation programs that serve the Dallas-Fort Worth area. These programs vary in many ways, including program size, cost, duration, student demographics, requirements, certification type (traditional vs. alternative) and more.
As you compare options, consider if the program:
- Offers hands-on pre-service experience in the classroom, where you observe and practice with a teacher who is effective and experienced?
- Prepares you to work with diverse student populations and be well prepared to meet the unique academic, social and emotional needs of individual students?
- Provides an experienced mentor/coach to provide meaningful feedback during your certification process?
- Shows commitment to continuous improvement and collecting, sharing and using data to improve features of their educator-preparation programs for the benefit of students?
- Strong Teachers Day One: Residency ProgramStrong Teachers Day One is a new fast-track residency program that allows aspiring teachers get paid; they undergo preparation in their first semester and teach full-time during the second semester. The program is a partnership between Texas Tech University and partnering school districts, which includes Dallas ISD and Grand Prairie ISD.Learn More
- University of North Texas at DallasUNT Dallas teaches teachers differently. Our Emerging Teacher Institute (ETI) focuses on training future teachers to meet the academic, social and emotional development of all students, while staying mindful of their own physical, mental and emotional needs.Learn More
- The University of Texas at DallasFollow your passion for learning and make an impact on the next generation when you become a teacher through the Teacher Development Center at the University of Texas at Dallas! Becoming a teacher takes preparation and planning. To ensure the highest professional standards, the state of Texas and The University of Texas at Dallas require students to pass a series of rigorous courses, complete extensive fieldwork and demonstrate their knowledge of content and educational expertise on two state exams in order to be fully certified as a highly qualified teacher in Texas.Learn More
- Texas Woman's UniversityThe teacher education program at Texas Woman’s University (TWU) prepares outstanding professional educators who make a difference in their communities. TWU see educators as not only teachers, but as leaders and advocates in service to others as well. TWU students gain not only the professional knowledge they’ll need in the classroom, but also the skills needed to help their students reach their full potential. In doing so, they open doors of opportunity for future generations — the true calling of every teacher.Learn More
- Dallas Teacher ResidencyDallas Teacher Residency (DTR) is a homegrown Dallas program created by educators, for educators. As the first urban teacher residency program in North Texas, in partnership with Texas A&M University – Commerce, DTR employs the teacher residency model - an innovative model of teacher training that emphasizes robust clinical practicum experience paired with graduate level course work, to ensure that new teachers are adequately prepared and supported to teach on day one. Dallas Teacher Residency recruits, prepares, and retains aspiring career teachers to become effective in urban schools – providing all children with the opportunity to be taught and inspired by a trained professional. DTR, unlike traditional teacher preparation programs, explicitly prepares teachers to teach in specific partnering school districts, allowing our preparation model to directly align with district goals and initiatives.Learn More
- Relay Graduate School of EducationThe Relay Teacher Pathways program, an initiative of Relay Graduate School of Education, is a teacher development center that offers unique teaching programs for undergraduate and graduate students to explore the teaching profession and develop as a new generation of transforming teachers. Relay Graduate School of Education is a national, accredited, nonprofit institution of higher education whose mission is to teach teachers and school leaders to develop in all students the academic skills and strength of character needed to succeed in college and life. A Relay master’s degree signifies more than a theoretical understanding of education. Relay’s programs focus on building in teachers a set of techniques that make the deepest impact in urban classrooms with diverse populations of students. During the two-year Teaching Residency program, Residents experience a structured and gradual on-ramp into the profession, complete a master’s degree, earn a Texas standard certificate (if qualified) and obtain a full-time teaching position at a district or charter school in Dallas-Fort Worth.Learn More
- The University of Texas at ArlingtonThe University of Texas at Arlington’s College of Education strives to promote a collaborative culture of excellence in research, teaching and service. Our goal is to provide students with unique experiences built on high standards and encourage them to think critically and creatively.Learn More
- Dallas Baptist UniversityThe College of Education at Dallas Baptist University (DBU) aims to produce servant leaders who have the ability to integrate faith and learning into their calling as educators locally and around the world. Representatives from various academic disciplines of the University, school district administrators and teachers, and College of Education faculty are selected to serve on the Educator Preparation Advisory Board which functions as an advisory group for the education program. The Educator Preparation Advisory Board seeks to prepare DBU teacher candidates through the development of deep content and pedagogical knowledge, placing a strong emphasis on effective teaching skills, and fostering critical dispositions within all students. The vision of the DBU College of Education is to produce Christ-centered educators who are committed to transforming the world through excellent instruction and Biblical servant leadership. DBU offers a unique experience in higher education with faculty, staff and administrators who are dedicated to investing in the lives of their students in order to foster a personal learning environment catered to each individual.Learn More
- Urban Teachers Dallas-Ft. WorthBecome a highly effective teacher with thorough training and support! Urban Teachers trains teachers with a clinical residency and 100 hours of coaching. When teachers successful complete the program, they receive a Master's from Johns Hopkins, three certifications, including special ed and ESL, and job placement at Dallas ISD, Uplift Education or KIPP DFW.Learn More
- TechTeach Across Texas One Year Fast-Track ProgramTechTeach Across Texas One Year Fast-Track Program is a clinically intensive, competency-based program aimed at improving K-12 student achievement, strengthening new teachers’ instructional skill upon entry into their careers, and fostering within them the qualities important for helping them remain and thrive in the teaching profession. Qualified and motivated teacher candidates complete their degree, earn their certification and start teaching in one calendar year (12 months) after earning an AAT from a community college.Learn More
- Region 10 ESCThe Region 10 Teacher Preparation and Certification Program (TPC) provides a way for selected college graduates to become teachers without graduating from a traditional teacher education program. Mid-career candidates and others may have significant teaching and workplace experience and may benefit from a program that presents teaching methodologies.Learn More
- Southern Methodist UniversityStudents at SMU's Annette Caldwell School of Education & Human Development make many positive changes in their communities. They are educators who challenge ideas and expand minds. SMU’s teaching and research are grounded in multiple perspectives that encompass behaviorist, cognitive, social-constructivist, and sociocultural approaches to scholarship.Learn More
- Texas Wesleyan UniversityTexas Wesleyan University aspires to be a values- and student-centered university where motivated students prepare for graduate school and leadership in professional careers. The Undergraduate Department of Education is committed to the preparation of reflective professionals who are knowledgeable in working collaboratively in diverse educational settings. The primary purpose of teacher education is to prepare highly qualified teachers for Texas and the nation.Learn More
Other Programs Serving Dallas-Fort Worth
Arlington Baptist College
Dallas Christian College
Midwestern State University
Mountain View College
Prairie View A & M University
Southwestern Adventist University
Southwestern Assemblies of God University
Stephen F Austin State University
Tarleton State University
Texas A & M University-College Station
Texas State University
Texas Tech University
TechTeach Across Texas is our fast-track, one-year teacher preparation program, combining intense clinical experiences with applicable online courses in district-based partnerships around the state. The program allows students to complete a Bachelor of Science degree and earn teacher certification in one calendar year.
University of Dallas
The University of Texas at Austin
The University of Texas at El Paso
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.